Sunday, January 6, 2013

Only Online - Colour IQ Challenge

I love rainbows. I list them as my favourite colour (yes I count it as a colour... Pink, purple and then rainbows in preference order!) and I came across this online colour test, called the X-Rite FM100 Hue Test.

To describe the experience in a nutshell, it tests your ability to differentiate between colours. The test is carried out by the user arranging a series of colours in hue order. Pretty cool, hey? 


I scored sixteen out of 99. Not too bad I suppose but could be better! According to the website:

FACT: 1 out of 255 women and 1 out of 12 men have some form of color vision deficiency.
Take the online color challenge, based on the official FM100 Hue Test by X-Rite.


Well that's just great... So where does that leave someone with a score of 16?! I'd say it's some form of colour vision deficiency, but it does not appear to be more clearly defined elsewhere on the website, which is a shame. On the upside... It's a fun way to pass the time! If you take the test, leave a comment below and let's compare! :)



3 comments:

  1. Heh! I aced this one and got a perfect result from what I recall. But then, colour is extremely important in my line of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one :D Sigh, I only wish I had gotten better haha but luckily it definitely isn't necessary for my job :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got 12, which I guess means that I got three squares out of place and they make each 3 others shift so the total number is 12. This would probably be easier in real life, because my computer's colours are not the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Ask, comment, share the love...!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...