Okay, so a couple of the blogs I follow have done this. And it makes my mind tick: what would my 12 be? As I start to think of it, I probably only get to point two (ha!); then my mind wanders elsewhere. So if I write it down, it is bound to be easier, right?
So here I am, this is me. I am attempting to get my 12 out there! At the conclusion of 2011, I will look back and reflect on how far this ambition-filled post actually got me =S
1. Create a balloon-animal inspired colouring bookI have been encouraged to do so, and I am very willing. The plus side of this is having fun drawing the pictures, and then there is the earning potential. Emphasis on the potential ;) hehe
I already have a willing customer, will make the motivation come along easier.
Above are some that I have already done, but there are plans to be more focused around balloons not just those who twist them ;)
2. Make some fun hair accessoriesI cut my hair very short in January. When I could finally tie my hair back, it was a great relief. It's fun being able to wear cute clips again, however I believe I need to amass some new trinkets. There are some great tutorials that I would love to try! For instance, this headband tutorial by Flamingo Toes:
|Picture (c) Flamingo Toes|
3. Organise the girl-caveWell, this area of the house is a little bit scary. It's that room of the house which is rather like the black-hole of loose ends. You know that item that you need a place to put, and rationally you know it should not just get added to the pre-existing room of doom; yet physics demands the natural order of things... Ergo you see my problem.
Motivation to fix it: We will swap and that will become the master bedroom (well, it is bigger...)
No picture for you!.jpg
^ That was a community service. There is no way I would subject you to the sight of it. I'll reserve that for my loved ones who would be more forgiving... Because they love me.
4. Buy some things for my balloon business that I have been covetingThere are some amazing people out there doing amazing things with their balloons. I have actually already placed my order for one of these books, and the other will come when the opportunity arises.
|The dress, flowers and more are made of balloons! Picture (c) Rie Hosokai|
|Amazing balloons and the bestest colour as the title of the book! Picture (c) Tan Lily|
Rie Hosokai makes balloon dresses that will take your breath away. Tan Lily makes balloons so adorable that I almost can't stand it! Ladies of amazing talent and so very inspirational..!
5. Sew a Christmas dressSomething fun and festive. Oh yes. I'm thinking a take on the Ms Claus outfit, complete with fake fur. Oh yes.
Inspirational... But imagine the skirt longer and more work-appropriate. Oh yes, the plan is to wear into work ... for the Christmas party.
6. Make fun butterfly creationsMaybe you've seen my tutorial? Well I want to try making more and seeing where they end up. I has plans for rainbow butterfly domination. No need to be afraid!
7. Create a balloon-twisting PDFSimilar to the first 1/12, but rather instructions on how to twist some of my favourite girly things. I've already enlisted the aid of a friend to be my photographer, so I just need to actually sit down an plan and get things done. Let the idea of monies be my inspiration haha =P
8. Post on my blog at least once-a-week (possibly the hardest?)I try to be a better blogger, and when you come to think of it; it's only 8 posts! I will do the noble thing and not count this one of course.
If there is any suggestions on content you'd like to see... Let me know, ya know?
9. Sew a skirtI have sewn a couple over this past year, BUT they are almost all pleated skirts (well, I do love me some fine pleats!). I like the classic pencil skirt with high-waisted detail. And a peplum. Gotta haves me some of a peplum!
Skirt inspiration courtesy of Asos
10. Finish a dress refashionI purchased a 2nd-hand dress recently which I've had a fiddle with, but no snip-snip action. Plans: I have them. Now I just need to make them happen. I think this dress has been unaltered since April. Aw man.... Way to place that one on the back-burner!
11. Create a pair of shoe-clipsWell, not the actual clips per-se, that is just a little more technical than productive! I've had inspiration, just no creation. Thanks to eBay, I have the mechanical means I just need to decide and execute on the decorative design.
12. Update my websiteIt's unfortunate yet true. I need to update my website. Especially since I'm planning on increasing my rate per hour, I want to keep any visitors to the website fairly in the loop.
Besides, I've done some work that I'm proud of, and I'd love to share that with my visitors. Heck, why don't you go visit even?
Thanks for reading, and wish me luck!