Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rainbow Smile ... Sew-Along Top #2

So, Blogger was playing up when I initially went to do my post. Then I was slack and didn't touch up this post. Ergo, here I am to fix that! (Finally!) As a balloon twister, I love to wear unique and eye-catching outfits. I recently decided to go by the 'stage name' of Rainbow, and since my business is called "A Rainbow of Balloons" I love to include it in my twister's wardrobe.


I used Simplicity 2497, a Cynthia Rowley design (click here for the last time I used the pattern), for the base of the shirt. Initially, I was going to do the version with the ruffled front. Mostly pink, but with a purple bias trim. This time I modified the dress to be a top by extending the hemline approx 6" so it would blouse out nicely whilst not coming un-tucked.


Because I was running out of time, for the Spring Top Sew-Along hosted by Rae; I decided to forgo the original pattern. I've had some fun rainbow grograin ribbon that I've purchased not once, but twice off eBay (same seller, months apart... I love my rainbow!) And yes, I made a belt out of the same ribbon, following one of Disney's tutorials.




Because the top is scandalously low, when twisting I have to wear another top underneath. I choose to wear a deep purple tank, I love that colour combination!

I decided to dub the top "Rainbow Smile" as it really does look like one (imho) and it really does make me smile. I would like to try the the pattern again, to make that elusive ruffle dress! I really recommend it, it has proven to be so versatile. I'd love to hear if anyone reading may have also used that pattern?


2 comments:

  1. so cute and bright! turned out great :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebecca for your kind words :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Ask, comment, share the love...!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...