So I've entered this in Made by Rae's Spring Top Sewalong. I finally managed to
convince my other half to take some photos of me in my new top. I have partially delayed a post on this hoping to make a matching skirt, however I keep procrastination and the competition deadline for is looming.
So! About the top:
The pattern was originally draped for Cure Blossom, and it is insanely difficult to buy what you want at our local Spotlight so I decided to try dying fabric for the first time. Unfortunately, it came out too close in colour as another used in the top; ergo it became unusable. I really liked the colour against the purple fabric, and I had an 'ah-ha!' moment and decided it would also be great as a top.
- Self-draped previously as a dress, I modified it to be a top.
- Self-covered buttons, (my Gumdrops!) to be matchy-matchy.
- My design aesthetic didn't want visible machine stitching, so the blouse is lined and has self-made bias binding.
- The fabric is cotton drill and what I think is a cotton/linen blend. The pink was originally white, and dyed with Rit dye.
My favourite part of it all is the back of the top. I'm pretty sure I will make this design once again, but the plan is with rainbow striped fabric and making a dress.
Oh, and the flower is detachable, as a brooch. I thought it was a cute accent to the top. The idea of the ensemble is the intention that it could become one of the outfits I wear doing balloon twisting. Keeping it cute, unique and colourful! (Just what I love)
Thanks for reading, and please wish me luck!