Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Purple Bag from Online Tute


A fun bag from The Boy Trifecta's free online pattern! I loved making it (well, some bits were un-lovable!)

Called the Grandview, it is slightly modified from her original. Why? Because I just couldn't bring myself to do the last row of ruffle, I thought it would cover the pleating too much as I used a narrower band of fabric for it. Which I think is not such a bad thing as I think the pleats look great! I also did a strap in two parts, knotted at the top. May or may not have been a good idea, we'll see how that goes! 


The pattern didn't provide for a pocket in the lining, however it was very easy to put together. I made sure I had my keys, mobile and lipstick nearby so that as I made the compartments they would fit in nice and snug.


I used the bag for the first time today, and it felt great. I've never made a bag before and yeah I must admit it feels good. Lookit the shiny snap...! Makes it feel very legit. I love the deep purple, and the lining fabric I am also fond of. This little bag is full of personality, and I can't wait to get to know it better! ;)


7 comments:

  1. Cute bag! I'm loving the lining fabric, too. Aren't you just dying for someone to say that they think your purse is cute... so you can say, "I made it!" Best feeling ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Don't you know it hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! good job! I love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies!

    And thank you Emily :) I want to post it to your Flickr group... But it demands a better photo for it haha But I promise I will put it up <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag is so fun! Thank you for your comment on my blog, you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Ask, comment, share the love...!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...