Monday, April 1, 2013

How to be a flower Queen...

Recently it was my birthday, and I knew I wanted to have a Murder Mystery party! Gee-wiz was it a lot of fun! Next year though I think it would be my birthday wish to have someone else host it for me ;)

The week before, I started planning my costume. I knew that I wanted to hit a second-hand store or two, so I made this first on my agenda. I was quite pleased when I found a purple dress for a whopping $1, and had a few ideas on how to jazz it up. But it was when I went to the second store that I found this:

I knew I could count on 'The S Shop' (codeword my sister and I use for the Salvos!)
 The sales lady told me all items with a blue tag were half off. Did this dress have a blue tag? Yes it did! And it fit! (Well, okay around the waist it did but I was not voluptuous enough for the top... O well!) I was pretty pleased with spending a modest $5 I must say... 

Next up came the shoes. I sussed out the sales rack at Betts, and picked up this silver pair for $20. Then about $30 worth of fake flowers were purchased from Spotlight. I hit up the sales shelves at Lovisa and Big W for some silver and rhinestone bling-bling jewellery as befitting a Queen....



My last stop before heading home was to visit my old place of work. Here I scored sooo much copper! I really thought it was too much, but bless Virgil, he just kept giving me more! haha



So what did I do with it all? I did this....



Despite a few burns from my hot glue-gun, I had fun making these! I was highly inspired by Sherri Baldy and her amazing fantasy crowns as I created my crown fit for a queen.

 I was going to buy a crown, but I honestly didn't find any that really made my heart a-flutter. I think there could be a market for this. For young and old Princesses alike :) I actually am entertaining the idea of making some crowns to sell, what do you think?  

So how did everything look when it was put all together?? Here are just a couple of pictures from the night:





Like I said before, it was a great night! Once all the planning of this was out of the way, I was free to create my dress tutorial for Daenery's Qarth gown. So I know it was worth the delay! haha

Oh, and if you're planning a Murder Mystery of your own, I purchased a digital download for my party from dinnerandamurder.com (The Immortal Murders!). They are a lot of fun for all involved!




3 comments:

  1. oh you look sooo cute!! i love your blog too by the way :)
    www.lulalea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hunnah! Likewise I say hehe

      Delete
  2. hello- i love your blog and i am absolutely inspired.
    can you tell me where can i purchase the sticker face (eyes mouth etc) on sofia the first that you used? thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Ask, comment, share the love...!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...